|This page displays an up-to-date listing of changes to the SRCE model and this website. The information listed here includes, postings of version updates, scheduled releases, or problems and solutions that may affect all users. When problems reported by users get fixed, we’ll place a notice here, along instructions for the fix.
Latest News – Updated November 30, 2017
SRCE 2.0 Beta Release is available!
After several years of development, SRCE 2.0 is finally ready for release as a beta version. Although our beta test team has been testing this extensively version for the last few months, we are releasing this as a beta version and users should be aware that there may still be issues with this version.
This new version of SRCE includes new features, updated equipment fleets and numerous enhancements. The key new features include:
- Detailed scheduling at the activity level
- User defined general chart of accounts (facility/activity type)
- Automatic filtering by cost estimate type Life-of-Mine (LOM), Asset Retirement Obligation (ARO) and Financial Assurance (FA).
- Filtering by facility/activity type and three user-defined filter categories
- Greater control over productivity calculations
- User overrides for haul cycle times
- Addition of a second cover layer in all major modules and the ability to crush, screen and/or compact all cover layers
- A module to calculate the total number of hours by year for most equipment used in a model
- A mobilization/demobilization module
- The ability to schedule multiple water/soil/rock/vegetation/air sampling categories
- A number of graphs suitable for presentations
- User selected currency symbols (not currency conversions)
- Changeable User Sheet names
- Multi-line delete function
- Easy to use form-based Table of Contents
- Ability to hide unused sheets
- A form-based multi-sheet print utility
- User overrides for fuel use
- Updated equipment specifications and productivity curves based on the 2017 Caterpillar Performance Handbook (CPH) (ed. 47)
- Improved performance of most modules and macro functions
This version will not import models from previous versions. However, based on our experience during testing with some very large models, a manual import effort from Version 1.4 typically does not take more than an hour.
This version only works in Excel 2013 or later.
This version HAS NOT YET BEEN APPROVED for use in preparing financial assurance cost estimates in Nevada.